Last week I was very pleasantly surprised to receive two WordPress awards from some of my favorite fellow bloggers. This isn’t an “official” award or anything (you don’t get a trophy for your shelf, unfortunately), but it is a big deal to me because it tells me that there are people out there that really do find what I have to say somewhat interesting! And people who aren’t obligated to find what I have to say interesting, at that (thanks, Mom!).
The first award I received was the Versatile Blogger Award from Lory (a.k.a. LoLo) over at Ranting on the Lolo.
The rules for accepting this award are:
- Nominate 15 fellow bloggers
- Inform the bloggers of their nomination
- Share 7 random things about yourself
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Add the Versatile Blog Award logo on your blog post.
This is actually my second time to receive the Versatile Blogger Award, so I will defer you to my original post here, as all the 7 random things about myself are still true (and I really can’t think of 7 more things about myself that are interesting enough to share), and I would again like to acknowledge the 15 bloggers I originally nominated. And last but not least, a big THANK YOU to LoLo, whose blog I follow and find thoroughly witty and relevant! And I’m sure you will, too!
The second award I received was the Liebster Blog award from Jeni at WeelilWimsy.
This is my first time to receive this one and I am so happy to add it to my trophy case! It is a German award that promotes up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers. The rules for accepting this one are:
- Acknowledge the person that gave you the award and link back to their blog.
- Copy and paste the award to your own site.
- Choose 5 other blogs to award and let them know you nominated them.
Well first, I already acknowledged her but I’d like to say THANK YOU again to Jeni from WeelilWimsy, who I have a strong feeling I’d be good friends with if we lived in the same town, and whose blog really inspires me creatively. I love your passion for writing and your outlook on life!
And now on to the 5 fellow bloggers I’d like to nominate! I have to say, on most of these I couldn’t tell how many followers they had (and wouldn’t be surprised at all if they had more than 200 because they’re that good!) but I’m just going to go for it:
- The Cubicle Views - On his About Me page, this guy writes: “It’s probably safe to say that no one in high school every uttered the following: I want to go to college for 4-5 (or more) years and go on to graduate school for a couple more, so I can work my ass off in a 6 by 8 foot, 3.5 walled equivalent of the corporate jail cell for the next 40+ years.” I often think this very thing myself and can totally relate to his sarcastic and hilarious truths about Corporate America.
- Olivia’s Opinions – I love this girl! On her blog, Olivia reviews books and movies and keeps me up to date on what I should be reading these days. And y’all mark my words, we will be reading books written by this creative young lady one day, I just know it!
- A Touch of Lovely – If you hadn’t noticed, I am a girl and love girly things. Jen over at A Touch of Lovely does too and I totally dig her style! And she just launched a fabulous online bridal magazine called Bijou that’s packed with wedding inspiration, articles and giveaways.
- Lightness of Being - Katarzyna from Johannesburg, South Africa is a gifted photographer and I really enjoy seeing life through her lens in her blog posts. She freezes time and captures moments with her camera; making ordinary objects that we see everyday appear artful and inspiring.
- Mookology – Two things I absolutely love are movies and books, and this blog covers both. So naturally I’m going to love it. Alyssa takes books that have been adapted for the silver screen and writes a review of both the book and the movie, then breaks down what she liked or didn’t like about the adaptation. Brilliant!