Today marks the official start of my two-week Christmas vacation! I have been waiting for this day for a long, long time. Since January, really. This is truly my favorite time of the year, and not just because I don’t have to go to work for 2 weeks. I so look forward to celebrating Christmas each year, and getting to focus all of my time and energy on doing so is what makes having the 2 weeks off so enjoyable to me.
I started my vacation the way that I planned I would: I slept in (not hearing my alarm at 5:00 a.m. was marvelous), laid around in my new fuzzy Muppet pajamas (thanks, Mom!), drank Christmas coffee (thanks, sissy!), wrapped my husband’s Christmas presents while watching some Lifetime Christmas movies. Of course, I was bawling by 10:00 in the morning – way to go, Christmas Angel. So all in all, I’d say my Christmas vacation is off to a great start!
Here are some of the things I look forward to doing over the holidays:
- Bake – I love to make special cookies, cakes and cupcakes and don’t ever seem to have the time to do so without feeling rushed.
- Drive around and admire the Christmas lights on houses – This was a family tradition I had growing up, and my husband and I continue it each year. There’s something about beautiful houses lit up with Christmas lights on a dark night that just feels magical. Of course we listen to Christmas music on our rides!
- Watch Christmas movies – Christmas just isn’t Christmas without these movies in my house:
- Spend Christmas with my husband – This will be the first year since we met nearly 7 years ago that we spend Christmas completely alone, just the two of us! We always are either traveling or have company at our house. I’m sure this will be different but very relaxing at the same time!
I hope you all get some time off from work to enjoy Christmas, too! What do you plan on doing to celebrate this year?
- The most wonderful time of YEAR! (subterraneanmuse.wordpress.com)
- Holiday Family Traditions. (dfconsultants.wordpress.com)