Christmas has come and gone (I am slowly accepting that it’s really over), and we’re all nursing a holiday hangover most likely induced from too much food, excessive sweets, and one too many cups of “cheer”. Thank goodness we’ve still got a few days to recuperate before the next big holiday hits us – New Year’s Eve, of course!
I love New Year’s Eve. It’s a night that is truly meant for partying. We all drink fancy cocktails and champagne, get all dressed up and count down the seconds to midnight when we celebrate even more by smooching with the one we love and sometimes even watch a fantastic fireworks display. What’s not to love?!
Chances are you already have your party plans laid out, but if not there’s still time to plan something fun! Here are some ideas for this New Year’s Eve:
- Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve 2012 – This is perhaps the most watched television event on New Year’s Eve. For 40 years now, the world has watched as Dick Clark, now with Ryan Seacrest, counts down to midnight along with some celebrity and musical guests. This year some of the acts include Lady Gaga, Florence + The Machine, Justin Bieber, blink-182, LMFAO and more. I’ll record it just to see what dramatic theatricals Lady Gaga has in store for us.
- MTV’s NYE in NYC 2012 – This one will be similar to Dick Clark’s show, and if I’m home on NYE I usually find myself flipping back and forth between the two. MTV’s NYE show is a little more “risqué”, but fun nonetheless. This year it will be hosted by Demi Lovato and that guy from Teen Wolf (no, not Michael J – if only we could be so lucky) and feature music from Selena Gomez, Mac Miller, Jason Derulo, and others. Who knows, maybe they’ll drop Snooki in the NYE ball again this year…
- New Year’s Eve Parties – Most likely, your city or one nearby has some fun parties planned for NYE at local nightclubs or bars. Go here or here for a list of events by major metropolitan city, or check your local newspapers or circulars for your town’s options.
- Throw Your Own Party! – This could be the most fun option for NYE. You don’t have to leave your house, and you get to have all your friends over for a party! Make sure you have enough snacks and drinks for your guests, maybe make a “Best of 2011” playlist, and gather around the television at midnight to watch the ball drop in Times Square. Don’t forget the party hats and noisemakers! Epicurious has some great New Year’s Eve party planning tips.
Whether you are celebrating from Times Square or from your couch, make it a great night by bringing in the New Year with the ones you love. I plan on celebrating New Year’s Eve this year with my most favorite person in the world (my sweet husband), in my most favorite place in the world (Gatlinburg, TN)! We are planning on attending their annual NYE ball drop and fireworks display from downtown Gatlinburg. I can not wait, and hope you have plans you are excited about too! If not, make some! And don’t forget the most important advice I can give you for NYE…absolutely, positively do NOT plan on driving if you are drinking that night!
What do you plan on doing this New Year’s Eve?
- Last Minute New Year’s Eve Party! (ciaobabycatering.wordpress.com)