Only 3 days until New Year’s Eve! By now you should have made your plans for the big night and all that’s left are the finishing touches. Of course I’m talking about fashion and beauty!
You have a lot of options for what to wear on NYE, but it really depends on what your plans are – like going to a fancy cocktail party, standing outside in the freezing cold with thousands of other people to watch a ball drop, or just chilling with friends on the couch at home. It is important to be comfortable since you will most likely be up till the wee hours of the morning and on your feet for most of the time (if there’s one thing my mama taught me it was to wear comfortable shoes). But, it is also very important to look your best since chances are these party pictures are ending up on Facebook for the world to see.
I put together some outfit ideas for different occasions – I hope they give you some fashion inspiration!
The Fancy Party Look – If you have been invited to attend a chic NYE soirée, go all out in a dress that says you came to party. For NYE I say the more sparkles, the better. Pair your cute dress with some fun jewelry and heels (make sure they’re comfortable!) for some added embellishment.
2. The Outdoor NYE Countdown Look – If you are going to be celebrating New Year’s Eve outdoors at midnight this time of year, you are probably in for a cold night. So, I suggest dressing warmly. Sure, the champagne will warm you up a little but be prepared by checking the forecast ahead of time and wear a warm jacket, scarf, hat, gloves and boots. Here are some cute winter weather ideas:
3. The Laid Back NYE Look – Most people will be celebrating New Year’s Eve this year with a few close friends at someone’s house, in a small party setting. This is the most cozy and relaxed look, but be sure to dress up a little bit…it is still a party, after all! Think cute top and killer jeans, with some fun booties or heels. Check out these laid back party looks:
Which look do you like best? I think for each occasion I would choose the pink ruffle dress with the black bow, the black hooded motorcycle jacket with faux fur boots, and the blue sequin tank with the black leather leggings. Super cute! I had fun creating these boards and hope you enjoyed looking at them!
Whatever your plans are this New Year’s Eve, I hope you have a fabulous night! Remember, be safe and DON’T DRINK AND DRIVE!
Happy New Year!
- Countdown to New Year’s Eve (goodgirlsinc.wordpress.com)
- Ring It In! Stylist Advice on what to wear to celebrate New Year’s Eve at home (focusonstyle.com)
- New Year’s Eve Style Inspiration #1: The Human Disco Ball (thefrisky.com)