Happy first day of Spring!
I love this time of year – everything feels new and fresh. Here in the Southeast the azaleas are in full bloom and the trees are slowly turning green again. The weather is mild, with temperatures topping out in the mid to upper 70’s making for very pleasant, Spring days. And it is definitely giving me a case of Spring fever!
Each Spring there are certain things that I do ritually around my house: clean and organize room by room, give the yard a good mowing and clean up the flower beds, change out my Winter wardrobe with my Spring one, and make a list of staple items that I need to add to my wardrobe/beauty bag. Here are some of the items on my must-have Spring beauty list.
- St. Ives Apricot Scrub – With Summer fast approaching, now is the time to prep your skin for silky smoothness. St. Ives Naturally Clear Apricot Scrub is my go-to product for exfoliation. It scrubs out your pores, removing all that built up dirt and oil, but without drying out your skin (which is the worst). This item is a staple in my beauty routine and if you haven’t tried it before, do it and you’ll be hooked! Find it for $4.29 at drugstore.com.
- Juice Beauty Irresistible Glow Facial Highlighter – In the Spring and Summer I tend to want to go light on the makeup and this lightweight, USDA Certified Organic blush stick by Juice Beauty is perfect for that. I love mine! It adds a little color to your cheeks, making them just the right shade of rosy – without that weighed down makeup feeling. Available at Ulta for $22.
- Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm – I have a secret to share: I’m kind of obsessed with Burt’s Bees. Ok, like really obsessed. I love everything about this company and will try absolutely any of their products. What I’m really into now though is their new line of 100% natural Tinted Lip Balm, particularly the Pink Blossom color. I wear it almost everyday and love how it goes on like a chap stick but gives you the softest pink lips ever. Perfect for Spring! Get it at your local drug store or at burtsbees.com for only $7.
- Gillette Venus Razor – Ok ladies, we all know that when the weather heats up we start showing more skin. And there’s nothing worse than having nicks and cuts all over after shaving, so be sure to use a high quality razor like the Venus line by Gillette. A razor is something worth investing a few more dollars in, y’all! Get a Venus razor at your local drugstore or for $8.99 at drugstore.com.
- Zoya Nail Polish in “Cho” – A big trend in Spring nails this year are nude and earthy tones. I love a bright, shocking polish as much as the next girl, but sometimes I want to give my nails a rest with a low-key color on my digits. My favorite right now is Zoya’s “Cho”. If you haven’t tried Zoya yet, you definitely should. It stays on way longer than any of the other big brands I’ve tried and they have so many great colors to choose from. This polish is $8 at zoya.com.
- Neutrogena Sunscreen – I have grown to be very sun conscience in my old age (and by old age I mean my early thirties). The thought of how my sister and I used to lay out and spray oil all over ourselves so we could bake like potatoes makes me cringe (and pray I didn’t do irreversible damage)! These days if I’m going to be out in the sun for an extended period of time you better believe I’m going to be lathering up in the sunscreen beforehand, and I love Neutrogena’s non-greasy, non-comedogenic formula that is safe for my oily, acne-prone skin. And with the weather heating up you can be sure there will be more time spent outside in my future. You can get it for $8.55 at drugstore.com